Sunday 10 February 2013

#73 TUSAL and Stitchy Updates

I can't believe it is TUSAL time again! Here is my photo for this month...


As you can see it is mainly blues and greens - I really love that bright blue which I used on the Travelling Pattern, it just pops out compared to everything else!

This week I continued work on my Joan Elliott Wedding Sampler, this is the one piece this year which MUST be done, no ifs or buts so this will be my focus to make sure it is complete in time.

Here is what it looked like the last time....


And here it is now!


There isn't much to show yet, but at least the back bike wheel is in place along with the brides shoe - as always I am trying to avoid stitching the white for as long as I can, I am always scared it will stain!

To make sure not all my other projects get abandoned completely I think I am going to make Sunday my "SAL Sunday" that way it gives me the option of the HAED sal or the Dressmakers Daughter sal. I can't believe some people have already completed the first page of the HAED! But I will stitch along at my own pace and what is done is done. No pressure :)

If you haven't already then please make sure you take a look at my previous post - it is giveaway time! You can click the image below to take you straight to the post and make sure you get your entry in :)

MyCreativeCorner

Now I am going to spend some time on Mystic Garden for the rest of the evening - yet again where has this weekend gone??

I must also thank you all for your thoughts and well wishes for Theo, my friends baby. The good news is the tests for Meningitis came back clear, but he is still struggling with his breathing a little. He has started to feed again though which is a good sign and today they were told once he starts to handle his breathing properly again he will be allowed home! So fingers crossed he is out soon :)

Have a great week everyone!

Emma xo

18 comments:

  1. Awww, such a relief to read the baby is starting to feel better!! I'm so glad he'll soon be back home :) Lovely colours in your Tusal jar Emma!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Emma

    Your wedding sampler looks great.
    Have a good week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's good news about the baby. Very nice stitching:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Blues and greens are my favorite colors to stitch. Right now I'm stuck doing lots of gray's. But I'm about to start a baby afghan that has some beautiful bright colors.

    Good news about your friends baby. I hope Theo continues to improve and clears this hurdle in no time.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Emma!

    Here is my February TUSAL...this month's ORTs include lots from my christmas ornaments 2013.

    http://anacristinap.blogspot.com.br/search/label/tusal

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is true, to just work at your own pace, I have to remind myself all the time.

    Continued prayers for the little one...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love to be entered into your drawing! www.rosystitches.blogspot.com

    I am glad the little one is doing better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. lovely progress on the wedding pic

    ReplyDelete
  9. great progress on the wedding piece :) good luck with it and you shall get it done on time ;)
    glad to hear your friends little on is on the mend it is so worrying when they are small ....
    nice orts too :) love mouse xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great progress and good luck finishing it! Lol about the white thread. I never even thought about it staining, but it can :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. your sampler will be very beautiful
    the fabric is perfect for this project
    happy stitching busy bee =)
    big hugs
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great progress on your wedding sampler. Lovely orts. I can't believe some people have finished a page on the BB SAL already, like you I am stitching at my own pace.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the greens and blues in your jar too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Emma, I'm a new follower of your blog. I stitched Wedding Ride for my best friend's wedding in 2010! It was my first design to cross stitch since 1997, and I've been going nonstop ever since! It was so fun to stitch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That Wedding Sampler is going to be so pretty, can't wait to see more of it. Such a wonderful relief for your friend's baby. I hope Theo continues to make good progress. I am a new follower so will pop back to see your progress.
    Chris x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Glad to hear that your friend's baby is ok. What a relief for the parents and family. Lots of orts there Emma!! Great progress too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Every little progress is progress ;) hehehe
    hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete