Saturday 25 August 2012

#20 Getting too old for this...

Oooooh my poor body, full of aches and pains this morning after last night at the festival.

I decided I may as well update now as I feeling rather...delicate today and I suspect not much stitching will get done.

Not a whole load of progress done but I did get the rest of the first column done and started on the second.


Earlier in the week some stitchy goodies arrived in the post. My new R & R lap stand which I LOVE its perfect height and size to sit on my desk in my Geek Room and makes it so much easier. I seem to be stitching faster too which can only be a good thing!










Along with that I also bought some fabric, I don't know if you remember but a while back I won some goodies from Minnie for becoming her 100th follower. I decided on something sparkly, well, you can't have Christmas without sparkle can you?! The picture doesn't show it up great sadly but I think it will be just perfect!

I am itching to get started but I will refrain and get at least the second column finished on the cottage before I start anything else.

Now I need to love and leave you and get my letters wrote for my cross stitch pen pals and then take it easy the rest of the day - I'm getting far too old for this festival lark!

Below are a few photos of Foo Fighters - my favourite of the day :)

Happy Stitching xo







14 comments:

  1. Ooooh I love your new lap stand. Do you mind me asking where you got it? You sound like you had a great time at the Festival, even if you are suffering for it now ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Festival was great fun! :)

      Of course, I got it from Sewandso I liked it as you can flip it over and have a smaller frame too!

      http://www.sewandso.co.uk/Products/Plastic-TableLap-Frame__RAR-Large-spc-Table-fslsh-Lap.aspx

      But if you can't get it from them guys I'm sure if you visited R & R direct then you could get it.

      Delete
  2. Hello Emma

    Great Foo Fighters pics, the festival sounds brilliant. Hope you fell better soon (:

    Lovely goodies and your stitching is looking good too!

    Holly x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! After a nice lunch and some chocolate I am coming round a little now! x

      Delete
  3. I just found Your blog via Danis blog :)
    Lovely Haed stitching ,I so admire persons who can stitch those huge and beautifull designes.
    I am just a beginner in x-stitching.. but I love to learn more all the time. :)

    Greetings from Finland

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome to my blogging world!

      HAEDs are still new to me - but I figured best way to learn is just go for it!

      I love to mix it up with large and small projects - find I don't get bored that way :)

      Emma xo

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I suppose such aches and pains can be easily bearable right after having such fun! Photos give idea about last night! Frankly speaking it is a great start for a weekend!

    I loved your stitching stand and result is clear! Your Kinkade Head is coming along so beautifully! It' s obvious that your stitching is more happier now!

    Greetings,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great start to the weekend yes, just glad it is Holiday here in England on Monday so I have an extra day to recover :)

      Delete
  6. The Foo Fighters at a "local festival"! I wish we lived near you, all we get are has-beens and local heroes! Even the Darkness don't play in their hometown anymore. Bet it was brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are lucky to be so close to a big festival - although I suspect the people who live nearby disagree!

      They are brilliant live, this was my third time seeing them and are easily my favourite live band :)

      Delete
  7. Hope you're feeling better sweetie!
    Your wip is looking good :D
    Hugs&smiles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing a good nights sleep didn't fix! :) x

      Delete