Saturday 5 May 2012

#1

So here it is, after several attempts and promises I would do this, here is my very first post on my crafty blog.

Lets just hope this one sticks and this won't be the one and only post on here.

I've mainly set this up so I can read the blogs of my much more talented and creative peers, but if in the process that should give me some more inspiration then so be it.

I don't have all that much to share with you at the moment but I will show you a couple of my small completed pieces.

This was my first piece I did after my 15 year break from stitching. It is by no means amazing but it is special to me in its own way.

It was a freebie kit with World of Cross Stitch from the ever popular  All Our Yesterdays range, not really my style but it brought my bug back to me.

These next two always make me smile, taking pride of place on my fridge, even at 6am on a Monday while getting ready to work these always cheer me up.

These are the Wie Highland Coo and the Wee Wooley Sheep. When I saw these I just had to have them. It just seemed very appropriate for me and my other half, what with him been a hairy scot and me a proud Yorkshire lass!

Last but certainly not least are my Christmas decorations I made for Christmas 2011. Christmas is my favourite time of year, always getting FAR too giddy come mid November (yes that's right, I'm one of THOSE people). I think making your own decorations is just lovely at this time of the year taking pride of place on your Christmas tree, and with that in mind I think it will soon become somewhat of a tradition in our household...too early to start already???

2 comments:

  1. Your stitching is lovely, and your finishing definitely marks you as more talented than me!
    And your a Yorkshire girl which means you're high in my estimation anyway... I'm harrogate way, and heading over to Saltaire tomorrow... there's a makers faire on this weekend that looks quite interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooh that does sound like fun! Shame it isn't easier for me to get to Harrogate else I would join your crafty club!

      Delete