Saturday 17 October 2015

Long Overdue Catch Up!

Goodness!

I can't quite believe it has been 5 months since I last posted here! I hope you are all doing ok, I must admit these past five months have flown by and I have fallen off the blogosphere totally. I have't read any blogs in a long time but the past couple of days I have started to read some again with an odd comment here and there :)

It's nice to see so many of the regular bloggers still there stitching and blogging away - I hope soon to be one of those again! But I also see some of my favourite blogs no longer exist or they have decided to go to other mediums of social media :(

So, does anyone have any recommendations for newer blogs that I perhaps might not have seen or follow? Please let me know!

Crafting

I have to say the crafting bug has gone completely AWOL for the longest time, which also explains the lack of blogging. If i'm not crafting I don't have a whole much to talk about on here!

But I am happy to say last weekend I did start a new (simple) project - I wanted to ease myself back in to it with nothing too taxing. Here is a little sneak peek :)


As you can probably tell by the colours this is a Christmas project :D

Weight Loss

I'm pleased to say Slimming World is something I am still keeping up with rather well. To date I have lost a total of 2 stone 9lbs! (37lbs or 16.7kg) I am hoping by the end of this month to hit the three stone mark :) But for now my award collection is looking pretty good :)



Wedding Planning

Wedding plans are all starting to come together now, it is fast approaching. It seems so weird to think all that time ago we booked our venue and now it is less than 8 months away!

I go for my dress measurements taken this coming week! I am so excited, the whole dress shopping experience was wonderful, my Mother came up to Scotland for a couple of days to visit. 3 shops visi
ted but it was dress number 2 in shop number 2 which was the winner. I can't wait to try it on again :) :)

Other than that not a whole much to report, work is the usual (busy) and its been almost a year now since living in Scotland which has just flown by!

Any new designers or SALs I may have missed? Please let me know!

Hopefully I will be back in the coming week with an update on my craft project.

Until then...

Emma xo

28 comments:

  1. Yay! So nice to know things are going well for you Emma. Congratulations on the weight loss. What fun to go wedding gown shopping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vickie! I just love the dress - once the wedding is done I will share some pictures on here for sure!

      Delete
  2. Welcome back to blogland. Time certainly does fly away at times. Huge congratulations on your weight loss you have certainly done really well with that. Good luck with wedding plans and I am sure you will look wonderful in your wedding dress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda. The wedding will be here before we realise, I will definitely share some photos on here though :)

      Delete
  3. Hi, like the pompoms, very colorful. Well done on the weight loss and the wedding dress shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good start! Welcome back to blogging and yay for wedding plans! Dress shopping was my favorite part for sure. Just don't lose too much more weight or your dress won't fit. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go for my first measurements taken this Tuesday, so I am good for now :)

      Delete
  5. Welcome back... It has been a while indeed... And congrats on you weightloss....It is a very tough track.. I lost 30 kilo's and still 30 to go, but I am having great difficulties not to start eating the wrong things... So bit of a problem at the moment.
    I do have my own blog.. You are always welcome to have a look.
    http://borduurjegek.blogspot.nl/
    It's in two languages: Dutch and English.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, why are all the yummy foods bad for us?! Haha. The next couple of months will be a challenge but as long as it comes off eventually I will be happy :) Thank you for sharing your blog, I am now following you via bloglovin' x

      Delete
  6. Sounds like great progress on all fronts :) I'm glad to see that you're back. Sometimes it's important to take a well deserved break.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes I agree Lauren. But I am looking forward to getting back in to stitching and sharing with you guys! x

      Delete
  7. Nice to have you back Emma. Love your Christmas project. Congrats on the weight loss and good luck with the wedding plans.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Linda, I will keep sharing my progress on all fronts :)

      Delete
  8. Welcome back. I hope you get all creativity back and get back into blogging again. A sal I'm loving at the moment is gifted gorgeousness hosted by Jo at serendipitous stitching. As for new blogs - I e not seen any new ones in a while. I do think many bloggers are posting less now.

    Congratulations in finding your wedding dress. Mine was the first one in the only shop I tried. As soon as I saw it. I knew.

    Enjoy your catch up of blogs and crafting again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank Kerry! Yes as soon as I tried this dress on all the others were just getting compared to this one, and I didn't want to take it off haha x

      Delete
  9. oooo well done on the weight loss and fab you have found your dream dress ... and that your mum came up to help you too ... and new sal ..plum street sampler has one for christmas starting this week I seem to recall .... crafting will come back as soon as things are less frantic ....but glad you have started a wee something :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi dear
    I'm very very happy for you.
    It's a great period for you
    I wish you all the best. Ciao Giovanna

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on sticking with your goals and interesting start on the project. There's always something going on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great to see you back in blogland. Sorry to hear that your craft bug went on holiday but I hope that it is coming back on and we will see lots of your amazing projects. Great to hear that the Wedding plans are going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi dear! I hope you are well, yes it went well and truely AWOL but I think the colder weather and darker nights is making it creep back a little :)

      Delete
  13. Welcome back to blog land. I don't have any suggestions on new blogs or SALs. When I get home I need to get stuff planned for the 2016 Crazy January Challenge where you start either 15 or 31 new things. One each day. Are you going to join that one? Super Congrats on the weight loss!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Welcome back and congrats on the weight loss, that is a fabulous achievement.
    Plum Street Samplers have a new mystery that's free, being released each week in the run up to Christmas, its lovely.... go see...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Welcome back, my dear, crafting and blogging can be like that but as you can see, some of us are still here! Wonderful weight loss and congrats on finding the perfect dress. hugs, Kaye

    ReplyDelete
  16. P.S. I have started five new SAL blogs - check out the side bar of my blog Kitten Stitching and send me an email if you would like to join any of them. Plus Chiara from The Grey Tail has started The Alphabet Club - the link to that is also on my sidebar.

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's so good to see you back! Great job with the weight loss, have fun planning the wedding! It's such an awesome experience, which gets overshadowed by all the stress sometimes. Just enjoy it! :D

    ReplyDelete