Tuesday 10 December 2013

Late TUSAL, Scotland and a Finish!

Good Evening!

I hope you are all getting in to the festive spirit, we are well and truly on our way to Christmas now. It has been hectic round here for a number of reasons, but finally here is my last TUSAL shot for 2013!


It you have no idea what TUSAL is you can read more about it here and don't forget to sign up for next year soon! This is an easy SAL even I can (just about!) keep up with.


Those reds and blues at the top are from my latest finish!


This is from my a book I picked up earlier in the year, and this will be a Christmas gift for a close friend who this year joined the Navy, you may remember me going to Dartmouth to see her earlier in the year. So when I saw this it seemed very appropriate.


Now I just need to find a frame before December 22nd, which is when our little circle of friends have our own Mini Christmas, it always gets me in the festive spirit spending time with my closest friends have a delicious meal with a drink or two and swapping presents! Fingers crossed I find one!

We returned home yesterday after our long weekend away with the in laws up in Scotland. Other than the disasters with the trains getting there we had a great time and it was lovely to see them again. They took us out for meal and also took me shopping for my Birthday present. They spent far too much on me and got me a Pandora bracelet! But they insisted they wanted to buy me one. Dear David also got me a charm to add to it. I can't show you it now as it is hidden away until my birthday, but I will share some photos once it is my birthday :)

I think that is everything for now, however I will be back on Thursday when it is my turn to host Jo's Advent Blog Hop!

Have a great week! xx

16 comments:

  1. Love your stitching for your friend and what a great idea to meet up and exchange gifts before Christmas! Looking forward to seeing your blog on Thursday. I'm really enjoying the blog hop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! We have done it since we were in school, it has become a bit of a tradition now!

      Delete
  2. Lovely orts and stitched piece for your friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great Orts , and stitching, Happy Birthday soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! My birthday is a while off yet - Decemeber 31st :)

      Delete
  4. what a great idea :)
    very pretty stitching
    lucky you who can so often to Scotland =D
    I so love Scotland...I'm sure I've been a scot in another life =D
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I think eventually we will live there one day :)

      Delete
  5. A perfect stitched piece for your friend. A Pandora is such a wonderful gift and holds so many memories, I've had one for the past 6 years and each charm hold a dear memory...enjoy yours (when you get to open it!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks! Yes I am wanting charms that have a meaning, David chose one for me which is two little kitties - suitable for my two fur babies now :)

      I am hoping maybe I will buy the Colosseum charm when we visit Rome next year too :)

      Delete
  6. A great stitchy finish, your friend will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great finish! Very cute. And happy early birthday! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe thanks Sarah - still a while off yet until my birthday, it is on the 31st! :)

      Delete
  8. What a great book, thanks for telling us. Is it true that the patterns that are on dark fabric do not show well in the book?I read this in a review on Amazon. I would like to know before buying it!AriadnefromGreece!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmmm, I would say they are harder to see than the lighter symbols, but not impossible. But the patterns have a very limited colour palette anyway, so I don't think you would get confused over which colour is which. I personally love it and know I will be stitching LOTS of things out of it :) x

      Delete
  9. This sand and sea magazine is awesome! I think I'm gonna sign up for the next year tusal!
    Amazing finish!
    XOXO, Isa.

    ReplyDelete