Sunday 24 November 2013

Harrogate

Happy Sunday everyone!

I hope you are all well, it is very cold here today but other than that I can't complain :)

Yesterday me and two friends visited the Harrogate Knitting and Stitching show. It was the first time for us and we were really surprised at just how HUGE it is! The cross stitching side is a little limited sadly, but I still picked up a few bits and pieces, rather typically nothing that was on my list of things to get but hey ho it was fun anyway.

Afterwards we went to Betty's Tea Room at Harlow Carr. If you are not from the north of England perhaps you won't know what Betty's is. Think old world, a cross of Downton Abbey and the fine ladies who dine on the Titanic.

We had sandwiches, followed by one of their delicious cakes along with Tea for my two friends while I had a chocolate mocha - yum!


After, we took a look around the shop and I brought home a caddy of the hot chocolate and a lemon and lime cake which we are going to have today, mmmmm!


It was a lovely day, finished off by coming home and the other half making dinner! Perfection!

Today is a quiet until later tonight when I go see Andrea Boccelli, I am very excited :)

This time next week we will be in December!! Can you believe it?! 38 days today until my birthday too! uh oh!

Does anyone want to do a Christmas Card exchange? Just a normal card, nothing fancy or stitched. I don't get many cards anymore, and I know a few are in the same boat, I will happily post anywhere in the world, so if you would like to exchange a card then please email me itzycraftcorner@hotmail.co.uk

Until next time!

Emma xo

8 comments:

  1. I went to Harrogate and Betty's on Thurs! I was a bit disappointed with the cross stitch this year too. There was definitely less than in previous years. It was still a great day out though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a Betty's is a must if you are near one! It was a lot of fun, and I think the other half was glad I didn't spend as much as he was expecting me to!

      Delete
  2. Hi, I went to Harrogate yesterday too. I was quite disappointed with the cross stitching bit although I did spend a fair bit on fabric on the Sparklies stand. I would have spent a bit at the Nimble Thimble one too but one of the ladies was very rude to a lady next to me and then patronised me so I left! I managed to get some gorgeous quilting fabrics on the Stitch Witch stand though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I went to the Sparklies stand and bought a chart, I was drooling over the fabric for ages but I think it all sitting there in front of me I couldn't make my mind up, so ended up coming away with none, but I will certainly be placing an order on the website too. I briefly looked on the Nimble Thimble stand but couldn't find anything that stood out to me, or if it did I knew I could get it cheaper online, I can't believe they were rude though! I did buy one of the little 3d houses from Nutmeg Company, which was very cute.

      Delete
  3. Glad you had a fun day..
    Big hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now I want to taste one of those little cakes :p hehehe sounds like you had a great time :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Betty's sounds like a fun place!!! Oohhhh....Andrea Boccelli, I am a tad bit green over here! Lol! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow, it seems you had 3 great moments =)
    I also want to go & taste those little cakes
    how was the concert ??? sure it was wonderful
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete